once you’ve reviewed your knowledge in these areas, it’s time to take a look at some CTS exam topics. You’ll need to know about the following concepts:
1. Cloud computing
2. Networking Concepts
3. Voice and Data Concepts
4. Telecommunications Infrastructure Concepts
Questions on the CTS exam are taken from content in these five domains, as well as from cloud computing, networking concepts, voice and data concepts, and telecommunications infrastructure concepts–so make sure you’ve gone through these topics before taking the exam!
Taking the Certified Technology Specialist Exam Training Kit
The AVIXA CTS exam is a certification that was created to test the skills of those in the field of technology. This exam requires knowledge of the latest and most in-demand technologies in order to be proficient in your job. The CTS exam is comprised of two parts:
- The CompTIA A+ 220-801 (8 hours)
- CompTIA Network+ N10-006 (4 hours)
- The CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 (4 hours)
– AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist Exam (3 hours)
General AVIXA CTS Exam Preparation Tips
Before you take the exam, there are a few things you should do to prepare. To help you get ready for the certification, we’ve compiled some general tips for preparing for the AVIXA CTS Exam. Browse these tips, and read on for more information about what you can expect on exam day.
1) Prepare by teaching yourself the topics
Many people find that teaching themselves is an excellent way to gain knowledge before taking an exam. One of the best ways to teach yourself is to read content on your targeted topic while practicing related skills and then answering questions.
2) Find time in your schedule
It may be difficult to find time in your busy schedule to prepare, but it’s worth it! The time spent studying will only benefit you when it comes time to take the exam and as a result, future job opportunities. It’s also important to remember that there are a variety of places where you can study; such as at home or at work during breaks or lunch hours.
3) Study regularly and use practice exams
Studying consistently is important if you want to stay on top of all things related to the AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) Exam. You should try taking practice exams every week leading up to the scheduled date of your actual exam so that you can gauge what areas need more attention than others. In addition, make sure not just to study for one full day before your examination date and expect
Additional CTS Exam Preparation Tips for Specific Areas of Knowledge
This guide provides an overview of the exam and tips for its preparation. You can also find information about specific areas of knowledge you should be familiar with as a part of the exam. Check out these additional tips for preparing for and taking the exam:
- Networking: If you’re not sure what network technologies are in use, take this quiz on networking to test your knowledge.
- Security: The CTS certification requires that you know how to configure security policies and understand basic elements of cybersecurity. Learn more here
- WAN Technologies: This is a new topic on the exam and may require some extra reading to prepare adequately. Get a head start on this new area of knowledge by reading our WAN Technologies Guide